Environmental Jobs, Green Jobs, Green Business, Nonprofits, Contracts and Internships: GoodWork.ca
Co-Creators, work-stay, InanItah Community, Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
Date posted to GoodWork.ca:
Aug 21 2012
WORK-STAY / VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY|
Type: full-time volunteer with accom. & meals; 6 months preferred
Organization: InanItah http://www.inanitah.com
Location: InanItah Community, Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
InanItah is a consciously created, earth-based spiritual community and transformational living and learning center inspired by the path of freedom and aliveness. Our vision is to raise spiritual and environmental consciousness and create space for individual and collective transformation.
We are situated between fire and water volcanoes, tucked against the hillside of Volcan Maderas on an incredibly biologically diverse 22 acres. Our peaceful natural surroundings are framed by panoramic views of both volcanoes and epic sunsets over the lake. Isla de Ometepe has a rich spiritual ancestry and once served as a sacred Indian burial ground, with evidence to this day of both Incan and Native American settlements.
We began cultivating and building in 2009, and are in the midst of various natural building and permaculture projects, which are heavily supported by our volunteers. We also offer workshops and gatherings throughout the year, alongside our various ongoing activities.
We are looking for committed and responsible people to join us as co-creators. You will have the opportunity to support the design and decision making process in your area of responsibility. Please be aware that there are a limited number of co-creator positions available.
• Take responsibility for a specific aspect of the InanItah vision. We invite you to read more about the InanItah vision and values that you will be supporting.
• Make a full time commitment, contributing approximately 40 hours per week. Generally you will work during the partial trade working hours and manage your own time otherwise.
• In addition to co-creator project responsibilities, all visitors, volunteers and interns are asked to contribute to the everyday needs of the community.
• 6-month commitment preferred, at least 3 months required (preference towards willingness to commit longer). You may be asked to fulfill a one-month trial period as a partial trade volunteer OR you will be asked to fulfill a one-month trial period.
• Workshop scholarships: Co-creators are eligible for 30% scholarships (scholarship spots are limited).
• As of November 1, 2012, all volunteering programs begin on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. If you need to arrive before those days, you are welcome to stay as a visitor until your volunteer months start.
Available Co-creator Positions
Community Outreach Person
We are currently looking for a bilingual person interested in helping us with outreach management and programming. Some of our current programs include the bilingual Massage Training Program, the La Ciguena Water Fund, Micro-Finance Program, and the Coffee for Kids Fund. Our vision is to expand and deepen our community involvement. The ideal co-creator is be an energetic and extroverted person who is inspired to connect with the local Nicaraguan community. You can read more about our community programming in the Giving section of the website.
Organized Administrative Person
We are looking for an organized person to help us with our administrative and communication needs. We are looking for someone who has developed these skills in the outside world and would like to put them to use in a community setting.
• Visitor and new volunteer orientation & accommodation organization
• Manage the distribution of communal contributions of everyday tasks
• Track project ideas, suggestions and community agreements
• Data entry and accounting (experience preferable)
• Experience with non-profits, 501c3 application process, and/or grant writing a plus!
• Some of your time will also be available to work in the garden or on natural building projects
If you have as special skill and are willing and able to spearhead projects that fit with our current needs, individualized co-creator agreements are available. We are looking for people with a good degree of experience in their area of focus and who exhibit a high level of responsibility and self-directedness. We are sometimes in need of photographers, skilled natural builders, appropriate technology engineers, web site developers, experienced yoga teachers, and skilled artists. Special skills trade can be for long or short periods of time, depending on the skill being offered and the co-creation in play.
Co-creators are asked to contribute 40 hours of work per week. Accommodations and meals are provided in the InanItah community. Please visit http://www.inanitah.com for more information and to apply.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
|*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam. |
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
|Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.|